Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Dear Carrot Cake,

How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways....

Your moist, luscious cake... Your creamy, decadent frosting... Your...

By now, you're probably thinking, "Really, Dawn?  A love letter to cake?!"  And if I hadn't baked and tasted it for myself many times over, I would be right there in the skeptic's seat along with you.  Just trust me when I tell you that my ode could never come close to being overrated.  It really is that good...and special.

As with most of my favorite recipes, I began baking this cake many years ago and sharing it among family and friends.  We all loved it, so I later added it to my catering menus.  And surprise! My clients also loved it.  The rest, as we say, is history. 


From holiday celebrations, to birthday affairs, to dinner parties, and good 'ole sweet tooth cravings, this Carrot Cake continues to hold its own in the sea of confectionery delights.

I gave it an honorable mention once here on the blog, as I shared highlights from a Thanksgiving Dinner.  Today I've finally come full circle to share a recipe, as well (and if you must know, I took so long because I vowed I would never give up my source for this unbelievable yumminess. And that's still not entirely untrue.) But because I'm a generous girl at heart :), I'm offering up a similar recipe to get your baking--and indulging--underway! 

Happy Eating!

Carrot Cake
(Recipe courtesy of Epicurious)
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig