Thursday, January 18, 2018

{In Case You Missed It}: 2017 Highlights



Happy New Year! Embarking upon another year has always been a source of excitement, hope and anticipation for what's to come.  As 2018 continues to unfold, I'm pressing the pause button to reflect and share some of the amazing highlights that 2017 brought to D.M.R. Fine Foods.

There's a heightened sense of gratitude that occurs when I realize just how amazing this past year has been.  On virtually every front, I was so blessed to create, curate, and share my passions in both familiar and new (for me), exciting ways!

If you've been along for the ride with me until now, multiplied thank yous!! And if you're newer to D.M.R. Fine Foods, welcome!  I look forward to you settling in and staying awhile. :)

So without further adieu, here's our best of 2017, starting with a short video stream of some favorite moments (recommended: watch in full screen mode).
Travel ~
My year in travel was probably my biggest in recent memory.  I literally started the year in the midst of a winter getaway to Rome, Florence and Paris and got to take in these favorite cities (and fall in love with them) all over again.  Within a month, I was off to warmer terrain in the U.S. Virgin Islands and enjoyed a lovely return visit to St. Croix.  My journeys continued to New Orleans, Chicago, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, Cuba, Phoenix (including one amazing day trip to the Grand Canyon) and finally, my perennial favorite, NYC.  Travel is such a source of joy and discovery and refreshing for me, so a year heavy in taking in destinations near and far couldn't have been better.


Food ~
2017 was by far the most exciting year in food to date!  I started the year sharing recipes inspired by travels, like Warm Goat Cheese Salad, soon followed by a phenomenal virtual potluck with 27 other food bloggers in honor of Black History Month!! It was a one-of-a-kind showcase of global black culture--through the lens of food, including my Curry Chicken Pot Pie feature.  More goodness followed with recipes like Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, Cherry Upside Down Cake, Roasted Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers, Braised Short Ribs and more!

Beyond my kitchen, my food journey was also inextricably linked to my travels, and I had the pleasure of taking in unforgettable local eats and restaurants, such as this and this and this.  It was another delicious year, indeed!

Media ~
Beyond sharing here on the blog, my recurring column in Atlanta Tribune: The Magazine, digital and social media, I was immensely blessed to add both television and radio to the fold.  From a radio interview on the food and culture scene in St. Croix, USVI to several appearances on CBS46's Atlanta Plugged In morning show, I couldn't have been more thrilled for the opportunities to share my food and lifestyle passions with broader audiences.

The year brought continued successful collaborations that included media relations and social campaigns for the Atlanta Food and Wine Festival, The Four Seasons Hotel, St. Lucia Department of Tourism, Davio's Northern Italian Restaurant, PopSugar, and more.

Fashion & Lifestyle ~
Fashion found its way center stage through style files on Trench Coats, the Met Gala Red Carpet and the exceptional Ragtrade Atlanta Fashion Week and Runway Show.

And lifestyle inspiration spanned fall tablescapes, to holiday-themed decor, and more.

Thank you for allowing D.M.R. Fine Foods to share with you and may you be inspired to live "the good life" like never before!

xx,
Dawn
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig